Answers to your questions and other helpful information
Why do we get wrinkles?
At first the they start out as simple laugh lines, marking a pathway of happy memories. They even add character. But then they multiply and get deeper, and we want nothing but to steamroll those wrinkles into oblivion.
Everybody gets them; they’re a normal part of aging. But if they start to bother you, we can help you achieve smoother, more youthful skin.
- Aging: With age, skin cells divide more slowly, and the skin’s inner layer, called the dermis, begins to thin. This starts to undo skin’s stretchiness and structure. Aging skin also starts to lose its ability to hold on to moisture, produces less oil and is slower to heal.
- Facial Muscle Contractions: Lines between your eyebrows (frown lines) and lines jutting from the corner of your eyes (crow’s feet) are thought to result from facial muscle contractions. Smiling, frowning, squinting and other habitual facial expressions make these wrinkles more prominent. Remember those laugh lines?
- Sun Damage: Find some shade stat! Getting too much sun damages your skin. Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and make it a habit to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a SPF 30 or higher every day, even in the winter and when it’s cloudy. Wear a large brimmed hat and cover exposed skin with clothing, such as a long-sleeved shirt and pants.
- Smoking: Here’s another reason to put down that cigarette – smoking decreases the collagen production by your skin, which is a key part of the skin’s structure. The decreased collagen paves the way for wrinkles.
Information provided courtesy of WebMD.
What are the treatment options to reduce or remove wrinkles?
Proper skin care is just as important as the nutrients you put into your body and the amount of water you drink. We offer many beneficial and competitively priced products and treatment options.
- Non-ablative lasers work by heating the dermis and stimulating collagen growth. This process, which leaves the outer layers of skin intact, has no downtime associated with it. This procedure is more safe and impactful for modest wrinkles than ablative lasers, which actually strip away layers of skin or dissolve skin away (think Dermabrasion and chemical peels). Ablative laser skin resurfacing methods are effective treatment methods but typically require 2 weeks downtime for healing.
- Botox injections lessen the ability of selective muscle movement, which eases the appearance of expression lines around the eyes and mouth over time to reduce wrinkles.
- Fillers are injected into skin folds, especially around the mouth, to improve the appearance of wrinkles. Some fillers actually stimulate collagen formation, which enhances skin tone and texture.
- Makeup: We carry the popular Jane Iredale cosmetics line.
- Skin Care: We offer two exquisite skin care lines – Paula’s Choice and Repechage.
Contact Luminous You to find out more about our wrinkle treatment services. Our skilled practitioner will help you choose the best option for your skin. You can still have those happy memories without the lines and creases.
What types of treatments does Luminous You have for me?
Luminous You has treatments to serve many different clients with a wide variety of conditions. Here are some common conditions clients within different age groups come to Luminous You with.
- Permanent hair reduction (PHR)
- Wart removal
- Bruise reduction & covering
- Scar reduction
- Post injury scars
Clients Age 14-30
- Acne treatments
- Post acne scars and PIH (post inflammatory hyper pigmentation)
- Ingrown hair treatment (male only)
Clients Age 30-45
- Dark spot treatment
- Rosacea treatment
- Melasma (female only)
Clients Age 45+
- Dark spot treatment
- Rosacea treatment
- Tissue tightening
- Skin rejuvenation
- Cutaneous lesions
- Pigment lesions
Why should I choose Luminous You for my treatment?
At Luminous You, we believe everyone deserves, and can have beautiful skin of which they are proud and in which they feel confident. Additionally, we have extensive experience in the services we offer, and aim to provide a premium, luxury experience for each and every one of our clients.
- We are client-oriented with deep medical experience
- Our staff is comprised of experienced Physicians, RNs and aestheticians
- We offer natural alternatives to more invasive procedures such as surgeries
- We use state of the art technology, including FDA-approved laser equipment, to provide safe treatments for all skin types and colors
- We tailor each client’s experience to his or her preference, adding luxury benefit of Jade Fusion 8000 Healing System
Have a Question?
We’re interested in what you want to know more about, and can answer any specific questions you have as well!